How We Work With You
The Women’s Institute’s staff and consultants have extensive experience in project management and coordinating the numerous components required to make a project vision into a reality. On every project, we work collaboratively with other development team members including architects, engineers, lenders, attorneys, and public officials. We are skilled in securing financing, overseeing design and construction, and keeping a project moving forward in a timely, well-organized manner. We anticipate potential problems in advance and resolve them in a proactive way. This approach reduces the number of crises, helps to preserve valued relationships, and can protect the Sponsor’s reputation in the community.
We are highly adept at leading the multi-faceted phases of any project, including:
- Coordination and leadership of the development team
- Permitting processes and community engagement
- Assembly and negotiation of local, state, federal and private financing
- Design development and contractor procurement
- Coordination of initial and permanent finance closing processes
- Construction oversight
- Requisition management and cost certification support
- Coordination of lease-up and first-year operations.
Our services within the development process can be as broad or as narrow as desired by the sponsoring organization and we often partner with local organizations to bring affordable housing goals to fruition. We understand that the best local affordable housing projects are home-grown efforts, brought forth by committed people who see needs and opportunities and put them together to create something new. The Women’s Institute’s mission, to promote economic opportunity and build strong communities by developing sate, affordable and supportive housing for individuals and families, is closely aligned with the goals of most of our local partners.